This is a generic error message you get in data migration framework from time to time.
Error occured while doing bulkcopy from temp table to entity table
I have found that the reason for this could one of many. This is the ones I have encountered.
1. You are migrating records that include duplicates. Maybe there are two products with the same ID.
2. I used Excel to edit my source files. When I’m done editing I save them as tab separated files that I then use in DMF. Sometimes you get empty records at the end that creates this problem.
To avoid this use Ctrl-(Minus sign) instead of just delete when you remove records in excel.
3. Your data contains incorrenct values. I had one product once where the product ID started with “*”, the DMF did not like that one bit.
Have you found any other sources for this problem?
This is based on DMF Beta(1).
Last 5 posts in Data Migration Framework
- DMF - DMF Service is unavailable - November 7th, 2012
- DMF - Cannot create a record in Product number (EcoResProductIdentifier) - November 6th, 2012